Downtown Development Association of Lincolnton
The Downtown Development Association of Lincolnton is a 501(c)3 development organization, established in 1990 to facilitate the successful and sustainable revitalization of Lincolnton’s historic commercial district. The Lincolnton DDA operates through a public-private partnership, governed by a Board of Directors. Goals and objectives are achieved through the board of directors and as a volunteer-driven organization, the Lincolnton DDA depends on hundreds of volunteers and several thousand volunteer hours each year.
The Corporation is organized to operate exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 (or corresponding provision of any future United States Internal Revenue law), and more specifically:
- The general purpose of the Corporation shall be to promote historic preservation, protection and use of Lincolnton’s traditional downtown area, including that area’s commercial enterprises and residences;
- To take remedial actions to eliminate the physical, economic and social deterioration of Lincolnton’s traditional downtown area and thereby promote Lincolnton’s historic preservation, contribute to its community betterment and enhance the social welfare while lessening the burdens of Lincolnton’s government;
- To disseminate information of and promote interest in the preservation, history, culture, architecture and public use of Lincolnton’s downtown area;
- To aid, work with, and participate in the activities of other organizations, individuals, and public and private groups engaged in similar purposes. To work with our Liaisons, the City of Lincolnton and it’s Steering Committee to achieve our mission and goals in a unified effort.
- To solicit and receive and administer funds for educational and charitable purposes and to that end to take and hold bequest, devise, give, grant, purchase, lease or otherwise, either absolutely or jointly with any other person or corporation, any property, real, personal, tangible, or intangible, or any undivided interest therein, without limitation as to amount of value; to sell, convey, or otherwise dispose of any such property and to invest, reinvest, or deal with the principal or the income thereof in such a manner as, in the judgment of the Corporation’s Directors, will best promote the purposes of the Corporation without limitation, except such limitations, if any, as may be contained in the instrument under which the property is received, the Bylaws of the Corporation, or any laws applicable thereto.
DDA Physical Address
119 Court Square, SE
Lincolnton, NC 28092
DDA Mailing Address
Attn: Downtown Development Association of Lincolnton
P.O. Drawer 491
Lincolnton, NC 28093-0617
Phone: 704-736-8915 Ext. 2